Mr. Muscle

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Returned from the school run to discover my husband had NOT emptied the dishwasher and to find the breakfast carnage strewn on various work surfaces!

ARRRRRGGGHHH! I hate it when he does that! It ruins my day, as it puts me on the back foot before I've even started. I can hear your cries of 'chill out' why don't you but 'the dishwasher' is one of the few jobs I can consistently get him to undertake. One of the reasons he has few domestic chores is predominantly my fault, because waiting for him 'to get around to it' never happens and after eighteen years of marriage I have caved and just done it myself.

On returning from a weekend away with the boys, whilst I stayed home with the kids he deposited his suitcase in the hall. Having packed said suitcase for him before he left I made a conscientious decision NOT to unpack it! Have a guess how long it sat there? Six months! After numerous 'tuts' and 'why don't you sort that bloody case out's' from my mother and several people having nearly broken their necks tripping over it, I, emptied it! Is it any wonder my house resembles Miss. Haversham's? In truth hers was probably tidier.

Dishwasher emptied, I glanced at the door and found myself disgusted by the gunk that surrounded it and set to with Mr. Muscle. Foolishly I checked the filter at the bottom and am surprised it was still alive as it had a severe case of coronary artery disease. I would have proffered photographic evidence but I was too busy focusing on not vomiting.  I doused the offending parts liberally with Mr. Muscle and left it to do 'it's thing' while I pegged the washing on the line.

Pegging the washing out is a fantastic opportunity for time out to ponder life. However my interaction with the dishwasher had left me initially contemplative but quite quickly anxious about my own coronary arteries. At forty two, having not engaged in a particularly healthy lifestyle and with a serious addiction to butter and nicotine I'm presuming that they probably look worse than the dishwasher filter. How long will it be before they stop working? Don't have time for them to stop working, so, block images that are normally found on the back of cigarette packets out of my mind and start to consider how ace it would be to invent a coronary artery plaque buster.

Problem is you can't take them out, give them a good clean and put them back again unless you're a cardio thoracic surgeon. Given the costs and risks of surgery I'm left wondering, if, with a little input/ modification from the medical profession a shot of Mr.Muscle in a glass of coke could hold the key to 'de-furring' the world's' arteries.

Whilst tackling the rest of the bomb site that is my humble abode I feel irritated. Everybody else is oblivious to the mess that surrounds them and nobody feels the desire to pitch in and help. It would seem they are destined to follow in their father's footsteps and expect me to do it.  I am contemplating contacting Mr. Muscle with my coronary artery cleaning plan and volunteering my husband and children to trial it!